Search This Blog

Friday, January 1, 2010

A Green New Year

There's no snow on the Sunshine Coast.  I'm visiting friends there for the week after Christmas. It's been raining today, but compared to the -28C that they're having back home, this feels like spring.   The rhododendrons are covered with fat buds, about to pop, the grass is green, the moss is green, there's green all around me, and i can smell things growing.  It will be 3 or 4 months till things smell like that at home. We walked down to the lake yesterday. I had to peel off my jacket, down to a T-shirt - I was too warm.  Sigh.   It's going to be very hard to go home to the cold.  

HAPPY NEW YEAR.   My resolution is to find ways to be more environmentally responsible, and to take better care of myself.  The holiday has shown me how dangerously close I've come to a total burnout/meltdown/flameout.  

may you discover two thousand and 10 blessings in the coming year

9 comments:

ANNA-LYS said...

Happy New Years greetings
from Sweden // Anna

Zee said...

Well, a happy new year to you, and blessings and peace for the new decade!

Margaret said...

Here's wishing you happiness and success in 2010!

susan said...

I know it's going to be a shock for us leaving this climate for the one in the Maritimes but it will have benefits too. I wish you all the very very best for the new year and hope your dreams and intentions come true.

Seraphine said...

besides the awesome weather, it's good getting away from home long enough to recognise in yourself the sometimes subtle effects of the burnout and stress you have been feeling.
which means you have a chance to rededicate yourself to what you feel is important in your life.
there's ways to destress yourself, including simplifying your life and finding pleasure in your music/art.
you'll find the key, gf, i know you will.
and carry some of that sunshine coast home with you in your heart.

lindsaylobe said...

I thought you were already environmentally very responsible, but I guess it will be enjoyable to explore new avenues whilst ensuring you look after your own health this year.
Best wishes for this year.

Salt Water said...

After the last two years, I'm thinking 2010 has got to be a better, if not great, year. It is already better for me. I hope life breaks anew for you as well

Best wishes in the new year.

clairesgarden said...

well the snow and the cold is very beautiful.....but I've had enough now!!

gfid said...

greetings, all, and blessings in 2010. been a bit out of touch..... having some trouble w the wireless stick i got instead of hooking up a land line at home.... i think we're back on track now.